Is this the best cheesecake known to man?
I THINK SO!
I’m a sucker for a sugar free, high-fat sweet treat.
This is truly divine, so easy to make and is PACKED full of fat based calories – perfect for anyone living a high fat, low-sugar or high energy lifestyle.
1 cup ground almonds
1 cup pecan nuts
20g xylitol (found in most large supermarkets near the sugar or at Bulk Powders)
560g cream cheese
175ml greek yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla extract (try for sugar free if you can find it)
3 large eggs
3 egg yolks
zest of 1 lime
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
zest of 1 lime
9 inch springform tin
juicer (or you use a fork)
small baking dish/bowl with 1 inch of water in
- Preheat oven to 180*C (350*F)
- Put the base ingredients in a food processor and blend to crumbs
- Press the mixture into the tin
- Bake for 13-15 minuutes until the edges turn brown.
The middle may look under cooked but don’t worry. Allow to cool
- Leave the oven on and place a small baking dish with 1 inch of water in the bottom of the oven
- Mix the cream cheese, yogurt, xyltiol, and vanilla extract in a food processor or large mixing bowl until smooth. Taste and add more xylitol if desired
- Add the eggs, egg yolks and beat for 30 seconds (60 seconds if doing by hand)
- Add the juice and zest of half the lemon and lime and taste. Add more if desired
- Pour the filling on top of the base and bake for 35 – 40 minutes
- Reguarly spin the cheesecake to ensure even baking
- Allow to cool then remove from the tin and refrigerate for 4 hours (if you can wait that long!)
- Serve as it is or with berries to garnish
I’ve been known to eat this for breakfast becasue it is so delicious. My thinking is it has eggs in, so that makes it breakfast, right?
Peace out you cheesecake loving monsters ❤️