Many of you may have seen me necking a bright orange,
slimey, lumpy shot most mornings on my Instagram stories.
I’m amused by how many people a) find it entertaining and b) want the recipe. Well, here you are,
(PLEASE NOTE: You do realise by reading this you have entered into a non-verbal agreement with me to do this shot every morning for a week? You’re welcome!)
- Dried Stuff:
- 1 tbsp dried turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- A generous pinch of cayenne pepper
- A generous pinch black pepper
- Pinch of clove – I count a ‘pinch’ as one clove. I bought whole cloves and chopped into a fine powder myself. You could also whizz them in a blender.
- Wet Stuff:
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Splash of water
- Juice of half a lemon
I tend to make a big batch of this, see point 2 below.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass with a small whisk or fork
- Down it, slamming glass down in triumph
- Optional: Dramatic reaction on completion. If you don’t react, you haven’t added enough dried stuff – that’s my conclusion anyway.
- Optional: Film you drinking it on Instagram stories and tag me so I can share it.
- Don’t add too much water otherwise it turns into a multi-gulp shot which increases the gag factor.
- See picture: I pre-mix a batch of the dried ingredients in a lunchbox, about 20-30 shots worth. I do the same with the cider vinegar and olive oil, mixing them in a bottle. This saves time with making it every day. I add a teaspoon of ‘dried stuff’ to a glass, shake the ‘wet stuff’ and add to the glass. Add the juice of half a lemon and a splash of water.
- I would advise doing this shot first thing in the morning when your stomach is empty. That way all the goodness gets to work straight away. Plus it’s a GREAT way to wake up!
- Do NOT exercise heavily straight after this shot. The regurgitated cayenne mixed with stomach acid tends to burn the oesophagus.
- Go organic if you can. It’s not overly realistic but if your bank balance allows it (mine currently doesn’t, I’m sure it will be better for you).
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
I had visions of researching all the ingredients, providing you with a detailed description of what each one does. The truth is there are TONNES of articles like that scattered all over the internet, so if you are curious then pop over to Mr Google and ask him.
I will, however, do a good compromise and tell you what benefits I have received from doing this shot every morning since October 2017.
In order of what I have noticed:
- Clearer Skin: I suffer from spotty skin from time to time, but since doing this shot my complexion is clearer.
- Healthy Joints: I work out every day and find this shot helps with aches and pains. When I ran a 45-mile ultra marathon on a whim, I believe it helped cure a seriously injured knee in just 3 weeks.
- Improved Immune System: I rarely get physically ill (it’s just my noggin that gets poorly). With the powerful ingredients, this shot keeps my immune system tip-top.
- Increased Circulation: Having suffered from Raynaud’s Phenomenon in my twenties, I still tend to get cold hands and feet. The cinnamon, ginger and cayenne stimulate the smooth muscle in my body and help pump warm blood to the extremities.
- For Women Only: (but hey, it might help men as well, I don’t know…… ) I have a tendency to suffer from an imbalance in the …. *cough…… lady area. OOOH!!! How embarrassing. I just put that on the internet! Since taking this shot, things seem more balanced in that area. I think because the ingredients have a wealth of health-giving properties. Enough said.
SHOW ME YOUR ANTI INFLAMMATORY SHOT FACES : )
I want to see your Anti-Inflammatory Shot reactions!
I share mine on Instagram stories most mornings.
Post your videos and pictures on social media and tag me so I can share them – Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
I am not a doctor, dietician, health practitioner or anything similar. I like healthy foods and taking care of my body and write this as a reference. Please take advise from a professional if you have any doubt that this shot may not be suitable for you i.e. you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, taking medication, you get the gist.
Thanks for reading my post.
To get the random stuff I write delivered straight to your inbox, go scrolling around this website, find the annoying pop-up banner and sign up. That would make me very happy : )