An easy and wholesome meal ideal for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.
Recipe serves 1.
What you need
- Big pan
- Splash of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Red onion
- One garlic clove
- Half tin (200g) of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- 2 eggs
- Salt & pepper
- Toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Chop the onion and add to a lightly oiled pan. Cook on medium heat for a few minutes until soft.
- While the onion cooks, chop the garlic and herbs, then add to onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Make two small holes in the mixture and crack an egg in each hole.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until the eggs are cooked to your preference.
- If you like a firm egg, place the pan under the grill for a few minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve alone, with a side salad or scatter a few toasted seeds over the top.
- If you do not have fresh herbs, use 1 teaspoon of dried.
- To cook for two people, use a big pan and double up on the recipe. When cooked, plonk the pan on a chopping board on the table and serve straight from the pan.
- For something a little different, add mushroom, spinach or kale, or anything else that is lurking in your fridge to add flavour and extra vitamins.
- Get creative with additional herbs and spices to create different tastes and health benefits.