March 2016 Challenge
After the success of my February Challenge, The #SugarFreeFeb gang and I decided to continue with another monthly challenge:
The 30 Day Cold Shower Challenge!
In the first few chapters of the audiobook above, Scott explains the Wim Hof method and the benefits of cold water training. This was enough to convince me to start having 1-2 minute cold blasts at the end of all my showers.
The internet kindly informs me that cold showers help:
- Enhance immunity – Like it!
- Improve mood and motivation – Yes, please.
- Decrease depression and anxiety – I have suffered from both of these, so always more than happy to explore new remedies
- Increase metabolism – I secretly desire to have my 6 pack back
- Improve blood circulation – I used to suffer from Raynaud’s phenomenon so this is a bonus
- Fight fatigue – I lead a busy life!
- Reduce stress – Winner
- Regulate body temperature helping with cold hands and feet and excessive sweating – My hands sweat when I’m anxious so this sounds good.
There are many more benefits that I could fill this page so I picked the ones that most appealed to me.
In the past, I’ve run winter obstacle races with lots of cold water and mud, having weekly ice baths to aid recovery. These 2 ‘activities’ made me feel incredible. Despite feeling horrible whilst doing them, I experienced a massive release of endorphins afterwards.
Now my #sugarfreefeb buddies and I are getting involved with daily cold showers and staying in touch via our Facebook Messenger chat so we are accountable for our challenge and share our experiences.
I’m hoping this delivers results as good as the February Challenge.
Do you take cold showers? If so, why do you do it?
Come and find me on Twitter and let me know your cold shower thoughts and results.