I’ve been drinking this brilliant brew most mornings since November 2017.
Titanium Tea is similar to Turbo Tea but includes coconut oil and/or butter. *gag.
I couldn’t bear the thought of this so excluded them and formulated my own version.
- 1 level teaspoon of loose leaf black tea*
- 1 level teaspoon of loose leaf green tea*
- A sprinkle of turmeric powder
- 3-5 fine slices of fresh ginger
* Tim Ferriss recommends Pu-erh black tea and some fancy green tea but they are expensive and I can’t easily find them, so I enjoy loose leaf TeaPigs tea.
- Loose leaf tea infuser
- Place tea strainer in mug
- Add one level teaspoon of black tea and one level teaspoon of green tea
- Add boiling water and steep for 1-2 minutes
- Add a sprinkle of tumeric powder
- Add slices of ginger
- Stir, remove strainer and enjoy.
- If you do not have loose leaf tea, you can use 1 of each tea bag. This is a good option for travel.
- I prefer loose leaf tea for several reasons:
a). I find the quality is better than teabags
b) it’s kinder to the environment as there is less waste
c). it’s better value for money
- I only drink this in the morning as I do not have caffeine beyond 11am. Having this is part of my morning ritual which sets my mind and body up for a great day ahead.
- I store my black and green loose leaf tea in a tin, pre-mixed in equal measures. This saves me opening two containers each morning.
- This tea is great made in a teapot, just multiple the recipe by the number of people you are enjoying the tea with.
- I can usually get a couple of mugs out of one batch. Leave the leaves in the strainer and use again. Less waste, better value for money : )
- Drinking this mixture on an empty stomach can sometimes make me feel sick – apparently it’s a compound in the green tea. If this happens, don’t steep the tea for as long, and sip instead of glugging.
BENEFITS OF TURBO TEA
- A great alternative to coffee – some caffeine and more health benefits
- A small amount of caffeine to wake the body up
- Turmeric for anti-inflammatory effects
- Ginger for… I don’t know…. for digestion? And it tastes nice
- The tea has mild fat-burning effects
- I find this helps with visiting the toilet (if you get my drift). I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or how it works but it does.
If you want to give loose leaf tea a try, I’d recommend Teapigs!
Use the code TPLT15 to get 15% off your order.
Teapigs are a fantastic brand making top quality tea, using eco-friendly packaging.
Unlike most supermarket teabags, their teabags do not contain plastic. And their tea is packaged in a cornstarch wrapping that completely biodegrades as a leaf would do in nature – MAGIC!