All the ingredients underlined are available from the Bulk Powders website.
YOU MUST TRY THESE!
This recipe is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s Recipe Book, It’s All Good.
I make a batch of these for race weekends, picnics and for visiting friends.
They are so easy to prepare, require no cooking and you don’t need any measuring scales or culinary skills to make them.
Jam-packed full of protein, good fats and energy, these delicious, easy to digest bars tick all the fitness and nutrition boxes, plus taste delicious.
I have moderated the original recipe slightly to fit with my fitness and nutrition conscious lifestyle.
You will need:
- Food processor/blender
- Measuring cups
- Greaseproof paper
- Baking tin
- 1 ½ cups cashew nuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups Pitted Dates
- ½ cup almond butter or peanut butter
- ½ organic virgin coconut oil
- ½ maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup dried coconut
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Dark chocolate hazelnut butter or Nutella (optional)
- Grind the cashew nuts, sunflower seeds and chia seeds in the food processor until very fine
- Add the dates, nut butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, dried coconut, almond extract and pulse until the mixture is a sticky ball
- Line a small baking tin with greaseproof paper and press the cashew mixture down. Make sure to get in the corners.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 6 – 8 hours or until firm.
- Lift the bars out of the tin using the greaseproof paper and cut into rectangles.
6. Store in an airtight container.
As an extra special treat, you can spread Dark Chocolate Roasted Hazelnut Butter or Nutella on the top. This is almost too good!
If you run out of cashew nuts, you can use another kind of nut. The recipe is fairly flexible so if you run out of something, or the measurements are slightly off, the finished product will always taste pretty good.
On day trips, adventures and endurance events, I cut the bars into small squares and store in small zip-top food bags. This makes
For £5 off your Bulk Powders order, use promo code LTON40 at the checkout : )